Dr. Peter KungKnee & Shoulder Arthroscopy & the Treatment of Sports-related Injuries
Dr. Peter Kung earned a Bachelor of Science at the top of his class in Biomedical Engineering at Columbia University and a Doctorate in Medicine with top honors at Northwestern University School of Medicine. His special interests include knee and shoulder arthroscopy and the treatment of sports-related injuries.
He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California at San Francisco in 2008 and worked as a sports medicine fellow at the prestigious Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles. He earned board certification in 2011, scoring in the 99thpercentile on his written board exam.
While at Kerlan-Jobe, Dr. Kung trained under world-renowned orthopedic surgeons and treated professional athletes from the LA Lakers, LA Dodgers, LA Kings, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks and LA Sparks, and USC football. He also served as assistant team physician for Loyola Marymount University.
He has brought his specialized knowledge and extensive training to the community of Longview, treating a wide variety of patients across all ages, with ailments ranging from athletic injuries to arthritis. Dr. Kung, who is Chairman of the Surgery Department at St. John Medical Center and a managing partner at LOA, is fellowship trained and specializes in arthroscopic and minimally invasive procedures in the shoulder, knee and elbow. He has done thousands of procedures, including: arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, shoulder instability cases, knee ligament reconstructions, elbow procedures and joint replacements of the shoulder, knee and hip. He is the first area surgeon to perform a unicompartmental knee arthroplasty procedure in an outpatient setting.
Dr. Kung’s research has been presented at the annual meetings of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Northern Chapter of the Western Orthopaedic Association, the Inman-Abbot Society, and the International Trauma Symposium. His work has been published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, the European Journal of Radiology, Clinical Biomechanics, and the Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research Journal. He is a consultant for Arthrex (an industry leader in sports medicine manufacturing) and has taught new techniques in arthroscopic and minimally invasive shoulder and knee surgery to surgeons across the country.
Dr. Kung joined Longview Orthopedic Associates in 2009. He enjoys fishing, clamming, gardening, scuba diving, traveling, and wine tasting. He and his wife have two children and two dogs
Mentions of “Dr. Peter Kung”
- Dr. Kung Instructs at Orthopedic Forums
- Kretzler Presides at North Pacific Orthopedic Society Meeting
- Kung Attends Elite Orthopedic Sports Medicine Forum
- Kung Instructs Surgeons at Master Shoulder and Knee Courses
- Dr. Kung Attends American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine Meeting in Seattle
- Dr. Kung Earns National Recognition
- Blackstone, Kung Attend Knee Replacement Seminar
- Dr. Kung Attends Advanced Shoulder Workshop
- Sports Medicine Specialist to Join Longview Orthopedic Associates June 11th, 2009 at 7:53 pm
- Blackstone, Kung Attend Shoulder Conference March 22nd, 2010 at 6:46 am
- LOA Surgeon Treated Pro Athletes in the LA Area April 6th, 2010 at 5:m